The First Day

This is a duo story written, in part, with my friend, and talented writer Frank Goacher. The authour of each part is stated in the headline.

The First Day; Part 1
By Mark A. West

It was a beautiful day. The sun was bright, the clouds were white, and the sky was the bluest I have seen for a long time.

I lay with Christina on the grass looking up at the kites flown by a few children nearby. I had only been with her for a few months, but we were in love. She was beautiful, smart and had an excellent outlook on hers and everyone else’s life.

I knew she would die like all the rest, they never live long enough.

We were happy, the world was happy. Troubles seemed so far away on a day like that. We had made love that morning and we aimlessly talked while we toured the park.

I knew everything would soon change. I was watching the sky, like Christina did, but for another reason altogether. She must have guessed at my troubling thoughts.

"What's wrong? I hope I..." she tried to say but I stopped her with a gentle kiss.

"It is not you. There is something… coming... soon." I hesitantly told her.

She wanted to know what it was but I said she should just watch.

"Watch what?" she said. I pointed up.

We lay back down. I was watching the sky. Christina was watching me. Then it came, a sound
like a jet coming closer and closer, and then an aircraft that looked a bit like a stealth bomber
came into view. But I knew.

It came fast, a large black triangle, so black it looked like it was carved from coal; it drew the light towards it. The thing was so large and black that a short night came to the sunny midday summer. Then it was gone and daylight came instantly back.

Shortly after a trio of shinning silver disks followed the Black triangle, they emanated light, so much that the whole park was filled with white. Then they too were gone.

"You knew?" she said.

"I have always known." I wanted to tell her, wanted so much to tell her what she had always wanted to know and what I had kept from her; my Past. I could not lie to her, so I told her nothing, until that day. "I am not human."

"You're more human than anyone I have ever met"

"Exactly!” I told her that I did not originally come from Earth, but I have lived here for several thousand years.

"Which one of those space-ship things was yours?" She asked.

I told her that neither the black triangles nor the light-silver disks were mine and that I am a being from the Beginning*. “A silent war had been raging between the two Aliens for many centuries, but they fight for an even greater spoil of their war, which is this world and humans kind.”

Continued soon…


*I am the only one of my kind. I am not like DR Who. There has always been one body, one to watch, one to see, one to learn, and many to benefit. I am the only physical form of my race but there are many within me. We are a collective race.

No comments:

Post a Comment